Thursday, August 5, 2010

Bride’s Eye View Introduction

Over the last few years, I have been lucky enough to work with some amazing people and recently I have noticed a trend- friends so often become clients, but conversely, so do clients often become friends. I’m not really sure why this happens although I have a couple of theories. Weddings are intimate and special occasions and brides will usually choose vendors with whom they feel a connection. I would hope that the brides and vendors who choose to work with me over all the other talented florists and designers do so because they enjoy my personality almost as much as they appreciate my design style and aesthetic. It’s the part of my job that I most value and enjoy and let’s face it, if I didn’t get along with my clients, I wouldn’t have any!

Because Chelsea is one of my closest friends and possibly one of my biggest fans (second only to Max and Izzie), I have been intimately involved in the planning of her upcoming wedding. We’ve had countless conversations about colors and dresses, venues and menus, decor and flowers and so I thought it would be fun to share some of those conversations with my other clients and readers.  As Chelsea planned her wedding over the last year (while holding down a stressful job with an intense traveling schedule, managing a puppy and fiancé and remodeling a new house), she has trolled the wedding blogs, magazines and websites to plan a wedding that will be truly unique and meaningful for her and her fiancé.  Over the next four weeks leading up to the big day, Chelsea is going to guest blog on Finch & Thistle about the trials, tribulations and DIY madness that has taken over the Walli-bull household. I hope you will all enjoy her wit and insights.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
finch & thistle - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords